[rt-users] Permissions questions

Young Sul ylsul at bitpipe.com
Thu Sep 26 14:22:35 EDT 2002

Hi!
I've been nosing about the docs, but can't find a solution to this:

We want to create a queue where a group of admins receive tickets. They then
assign those tickets to a group of sub-admins. The sub-admins should be
able to receive email notifying them of a new assigned ticket, work
on the ticket, be able to close/resolve (i.e. change status) the ticket
and make comments, BUT NOT be able to email the original requestor.
(we've had some incidents where overly-casual comments got back to the
customer)

I have created an admin group with the "normal" permissions:
 ModifyTicket
 OwnTicket
 ShowTicket
 ShowTicketComments
 Watch
 WatchAsAdminCc
(I also had to add these users to be watchers to receive mail)

And then a the sub-admin group with:
 CommentOnTicket
 Watch
 ShowTicketComments
 ShowTicket
 OwnTicket
 SeeQueue
 CreateTicket
 DeleteTicket

It looks like the sub-group can comment, and can't reply to the requestor,
but
they DON'T receive email, and they can't change the status of the ticket.

Is there any way for me to do this?

TIA,
-y