[rt-users] resolved tix reopen

Sheeri Kritzer sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu
Fri Sep 27 16:05:31 EDT 2002

Hey Rick,

I had this problem too.  We're testing a fix for BestPractical, which is under our support contract.  Which means that you should take this with much paranoia, and it's not a tested fix except in one system (although it's been fine for us).

I modified Ticket/ModifyAll.html: I switched the order of:
$ARGS{'UpdateContent'} =~ s/\r\n/\n/g;
    chomp ($ARGS{'UpdateContent'}) ; and     if ($ARGS{'UpdateContent'} &&
        $ARGS{'UpdateContent'} ne '' &&
        $ARGS{'UpdateContent'} ne  "-- \n" .
                                $session{'CurrentUser'}->UserObj->Signature
       ) {
         ProcessUpdateMessage(TicketObj => $Ticket,
                              ARGSRef=>\%ARGS,
                              Actions=>\@results);
        }
}

 (so that the top code is after the bottom in the modified version)
Which has the effect of updating the automagic stuff first, and then the user stuff.

We're going to see how this works, in general, and if nothing breaks, bestpractical will probably use it in RT's next release.

-Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group
Tufts University