[rt-users] Working within an exchange environment

Art Morales ArtMorales at scionpharma.com
Tue Apr 1 09:43:45 EST 2003

Hi All,

I've been following RT3 development for a while now and happily
installed it under redhat8 yesterday.  The web interface is working
wonderfully.  Now here's my problem:

We use exchange as our mail system, and I cannot find clear instructions
on how to implement RT in this environment.  It's perfectly ok for the
Linux box to send email (as long as the reply to goes to exchange), but
what I'm not sure is how to install the mail gateway so that RT can
receive email's from exchange.

I think I need to:

1-Make exchange forward mail to the rt machine
2-(somehow) have rt check those emails
3-have rt send emails with a reply-to: and/or from: the exchange account
(even though they are coming from the rt box)

That sounds simple enough, but I'm somewhat clueless.  Any ideas or
pointers?

Thanks!

Art