[rt-users] Problem installing rt3...help! - Fixed. (this time)

jkaufman at footlocker.com jkaufman at footlocker.com
Tue Apr 1 10:55:37 EST 2003

AHAH! Well I fixed the problem (but I don't know *why* it's a
problem)...for whatever reason, something on my system doesn't like the use
of a <tab> before the comment, if I use spaces to indent the comments or
just remove the tab it will work....

wierd...So...Does anyone think it's an AIX thing? Should the <tab> be
changed in the distribution or just added to the Aix notes? I figured when
I am done (assuming I can get it running under aix) I would post a guide
for running rt3 under aix...Anyone interested?

Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker Inc.
E-Mail: jkaufman at footlocker.com

                                                To:      jkaufman at footlocker.com
                                                cc:      rt-users at lists.fsck.com
                        Jesse Vincent           Subject: Re: [rt-users] Problem installing rt3...help!
                        <jesse at bestpract
                        ical.com>
                        Sent by:
                        rt-users-admin at l
                        ists.fsck.com

                        04/01/2003 08:37
                        AM

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 07:56:53AM -0600, jkaufman at footlocker.com wrote:
> Hello rt-users!
>
> I have followed the development on rt3 quite closely for some time and I
> figured I would give it a try now that it's stable..
> Unfortunately, I can't get it installed at the moment, so hopefully
someone
> on the list would know how to help me...
>
> Here is the problem..
>       rt-test-dependencies --with-mysql --with-fastcgi is ok.
>       make install gives the following error:
> cp -rp ./local/html/* //data/htdocs/base/rt3/local/html
> cp: ./local/html/*: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> make: [local-install] Error 1 (ignored)
> cp -rp ./local/po/* //data/htdocs/base/rt3/local/po
> cp: ./local/po/*: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> make: [local-install] Error 1 (ignored)

Those two errors are ignored because the directories don't need to get
copied over. They only get copied if you've got a locally modified
source directory with pre-existing customizations.

> cp -rp ./README //data/htdocs/base/rt3/share/doc
> # Make the libraries readable
> make: *** [fixperms] Error 1

My guess there is that for some reason, you don't have a user or group
that RT is trying to chmod something to.