[rt-users] rt-3-0-0 Logging

jkaufman at footlocker.com jkaufman at footlocker.com
Fri Apr 4 10:59:26 EST 2003

Can the user your webserver is running as write to that file (and create
it)? If not then it will not work I do believe. You could also add

        LogLevel debug
        ErrorLog /path/to/log.file

in your <VirtualHost> directive in httpd.conf for Apache (assuming you are
using apache)...Which would tell you if you can't write to the above
mentioned log file :)

Well...that's my 2cents anyway...Anyone else?

Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker  Inc.
E-Mail: jkaufman at footlocker.com

                                                To:      rt-users at lists.fsck.com
                                                cc:      Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk
                        Ian Grant               Subject: [rt-users] rt-3-0-0 Logging
                        <Ian.Grant at cl.ca
                        m.ac.uk>
                        Sent by:
                        rt-users-admin at l
                        ists.fsck.com

                        04/04/2003 09:37
                        AM

I'm using rt-3-0-0. In my RT_SiteConf.pm I have, amongst other things:

Set($LogToSyslog    , undef);
Set($LogToFile      , 'debug');
Set($LogToFileNamed , "/usr/groups/rt/rt3/logs/rt.log");

I have restarted Apache but I still get logging to syslog and nothing in
the
log file. I have made the log file directory /usr/groups/rt/rt3/logs owned
by
group 'rt', group writeable and apache runs RT scripts as user www, group
rt.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?
--
Ian Grant, Computer Lab., William Gates Building, JJ Thomson Ave.,
Cambridge