[rt-users] Re: email send problems (One last time)

Miles Scruggs midgard at garnetws.com
Fri Apr 4 19:00:07 EST 2003

> I fixed my problems, which presented in the exact same way as
> yours.  My
> problems were that I was using Sendmailpipe and it had
> sendmail defined as
> /usr/sbin/sendmail, which isn't where sendmail lives on Solairs.

As my first post stated.  I have mine defined as

Set($SendmailPath , "/var/qmail/bin/sendmail");

Since I'm using qmail and not sendmail per say.   Were you really
getting the same feed back as me?  You mean to say that if you have the
wrong path for sendmail RT doesn't fail in anyway, and shows nothing in
the logs?  Hmm interesting.

I guess what I need to know is how can I test "sendmail"  like
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail <pass it something>  to see if it works?

> Note, this wasn't logged. :(

Sounds like something that needs to go into a bug report.

> Anyway, don't know if this helps you or not.

It's a start

Thanks for the help
Miles