[rt-users] rt-3-0-0 Logging

jkaufman at footlocker.com jkaufman at footlocker.com
Mon Apr 7 08:23:13 EDT 2003

Good to hear that it's working now. Did you ever find out why it wasn't?

Jonathan Kaufman

                                                To:      jkaufman at footlocker.com
                                                cc:      Ian Grant <Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk>, rt-users at lists.fsck.com
                        Ian Grant               Subject: Re: [rt-users] rt-3-0-0 Logging
                        <Ian.Grant at cl.ca
                        m.ac.uk>
                        Sent by:
                        rt-users-admin at l
                        ists.fsck.com

                        04/07/2003 04:34
                        AM

> Can the user your webserver is running as write to that file (and create
> it)? If not then it will not work I do believe.

Yes it can, as I said in my mail below.

> You could also add
>
>         LogLevel debug
>         ErrorLog /path/to/log.file
>
> in your <VirtualHost> directive in httpd.conf for Apache (assuming you
are
> using apache)...Which would tell you if you can't write to the above
> mentioned log file :)

Thanks for that suggestion. Weirdly, it just started working. (And yes, I
am
certain I restarted Apache the first time!)