[rt-users] Priority gone after importing RT1 to 2 to 3

Jeff Klassen jklassen at biblesociety.ca
Tue Apr 8 13:40:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

I recognize that importing data from one version of RT to another is an
"unproven science". However, can anyone comment on the following
experience.

We have been using RT1 (1.0.7). Now we have installed and tested the
release version of RT3.0.0. There did not seem to be a RT1-to-RT3 import
tool, so we ran the import-1.0-to-2.0 tools (we had RT2.0.15 installed
also). Then we ran the rt-2.0-to-dumpfile and dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 tools
to move the data into RT3. Basically everything looked OK at first
glance. But with a closer look one of our users noticed that numerous
tickets are missing their "priority" setting. They are just set to zero,
when previously in RT1 they were set to a value (like 13).

The priority field is important in our application of RT. Can anyone
comment on this?

Many thanks.

--
Jeff Klassen