Fwd: Re: [rt-users] RT 3 - Postgres vs. MySQL?

Nicolae P. Costescu nick at strongholdtech.com
Fri Apr 11 11:26:07 EDT 2003

>What sort of performance issues?  I'm looking to avoid the postgres 100%
>CPU utilization on ticket-display problem that we're having now.  If you
>were having that one (which make RT a major PIA sometimes) and it's gone
>now, then I'm tempted to head for RT 2.0.15.  Having read about the
>similar problem people are having with reply-to tickets consuming
>massive CPU in RT3, 2.0.15 sounds like the safer bet.

I think it isn't just moving to rt2.0.15 that did it, I think it's a combo
of the faster hardware (roughly 3x the memory  bandwidth, 2x processor
clock adjusted for athlon being faster than p4), latest version of postgres.

ALSO NOTE: I thought everything was fine, then I couldn't write tickets.
Apparently 2.0.15 is NOT happy with the perl modules you install for 3.0.0.
I'm going to have to redo the installation with the packages that 2.0.9
wanted - and my performance may go away if it was related to new versions
of the perl modules.

Nicolae P. Costescu, Ph.D.  / Senior Developer
Stronghold Technologies
46040 Center Oak Plaza, Suite 160 / Sterling, Va 20166
Tel: 571-434-1472 / Fax: 571-434-1478