[rt-users] Re: BUG in rt2->rt3 conversion re: keywords

Alexander Dupuy dupuy at sysd.com
Mon Apr 14 15:36:51 EDT 2003

Nicolae P. Costescu wrote:
> In my rt2 database I had only global keywords.
>
> In my rt3 database they are now queue specific, and exist in every
> queue. So when we move tickets from one queue to another they lose the
> keyword settings (though the keyword selection lists are there because
> the conversion program created them in every queue).
>
> Is there any way to fix this now that I have those custom
> fields/keywords in every queue instead of globally?

I too would be interested in knowing if there is a way to keep keyword
values when moving tickets from queue to queue in rt3.  Our workflow is
   quite dependent on moving tickets, and we are using keywords heavily,
so it would be kind of a showstopper for us if there's no way to do this
with rt3.

There's at least one other RT user who also feels this way -- his was
the only reply when I asked about this problem last November
(http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-November/010685.html) --
but nobody provided any pointers on how to preserve the keyword values.

@alex
mailto:dupuy at sysd.com