[rt-users] Allowing a 'group' of customers to see certain tickets in a queue

Jeremy Doran fox-rt_users at vulpes.net
Wed Apr 23 20:06:14 EDT 2003

In our support setup, a 'customer' is defined as a company, which can
have multiple points of contact (ie, multiple users each with their own
email addresses)

We already have RT3 working so that the requestor of the ticket can only
see the tickets they requested. What we now need to have is the ability
for a user who is from the same company ('customer' for us) to be able
to see the tickets that another user from the same 'customer' sent in.

To break it down to a simple example.

User_A is user_a at company1.com
User_B is user_b at company1.com
User_C is c_user at another_company.com

User_A sends in a ticket - #1
User_C sends in a ticket - #2
User_B sends in a ticket - #3

Both User_A and User_B should be able to see ticket #1 and ticket #3 but
_not_ ticket #2.

User_C should be able to see ticket #2, but not tickets #1 and #3.

Is this possible to do with RT3, and if so, how does one do it?

Thanks,
--
Jeremy Doran <fox-rt_users at vulpes.net>