[rt-users] Indicies to add to RT3

Matt Simonsen matt_lists at careercast.com
Wed Aug 6 15:45:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 13:52, Matt Simonsen wrote:
> I'm hoping some people will share the indexes they've added to make
> their install of RT3 run faster.

Hmmm. No response.

So, either:

#1: This is a dumb/bad question. If so, please somebody at least tell me
why. I don't think this is the case, there's a few posts about indexes
for RT2, many saying for better speed in RT3 to optimize indexes. There
are, unfortunately, very few follow-up responses from from list members
saying what they did to fix the problem or posts from helpers on exactly
what they've done to tune their systems. I think both would be helpful.

#2. There are no other indexes other than the one I've mentioned which
would be helpful, thus no answers.

#3: People don't want to share? I'd hate to believe this is the case.
Not when Jesse has so freely given his work to the community.

#4: People don't think their indexes are helpful for others and don't
want to pollute the list. I believe they would be -- there's a lot of
people using RT, probably most of them searching the archives and on
this list. I'd suspect many would like better performance and would have
a need for the indexes others have created.

Really, if you have indexes that greatly helped system performace,
please at least email them to me off list -- I'd be happy to verify that
it helps and compile a list to be posted to the list.

Matt