[rt-users] Indicies to add to RT3

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 6 15:54:18 EDT 2003

> Hmmm. No response.
>
> So, either:
>
> #1: This is a dumb/bad question. If so, please somebody at least tell me
> why. I don't think this is the case, there's a few posts about indexes
> for RT2, many saying for better speed in RT3 to optimize indexes. There
> are, unfortunately, very few follow-up responses from from list members
> saying what they did to fix the problem or posts from helpers on exactly
> what they've done to tune their systems. I think both would be helpful.

It's a good question. And I've got your recommended index queued for
insertion into a future version. There was another message sometime in
the past month with a couple recommended indices. also in the RT queue
somewhere.

> #2. There are no other indexes other than the one I've mentioned which
> would be helpful, thus no answers.

I don't believe this to be the case.

> #3: People don't want to share? I'd hate to believe this is the case.
> Not when Jesse has so freely given his work to the community.
>
> #4: People don't think their indexes are helpful for others and don't
> want to pollute the list. I believe they would be -- there's a lot of
> people using RT, probably most of them searching the archives and on
> this list. I'd suspect many would like better performance and would have
> a need for the indexes others have created.

> Really, if you have indexes that greatly helped system performace,
> please at least email them to me off list -- I'd be happy to verify that
> it helps and compile a list to be posted to the list.

Thanks! Please send the summary to rt-bugs ( at ) fsck.com as well.