[rt-users] Fresh start error Apache 1.28 mod_perl1

Sullivan, Robert (HQP) Robert.Sullivan at rhi.com
Thu Aug 7 16:31:01 EDT 2003

Ok,

So 8th time must be a charm... I started with a fresh install of Apache
1.3.28 and mod_perl-1.28 installed and compiled per instructions on mod_perl
apache.org site. This went well and I did not see any errors however I
edited the httpd.conf file start Apache and this is what I get.

Now according to the instructions given at Apache it was compiled with
Everything=1

Anyhelp would be appreciated or if someone can point me on how to compiling
Apache2 with Fastcgi I would go that route.

/usr/local/apache/conf
 ./apachectl start
Odd number of elements in hash assignment at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/Exceptions.pm line 154.
[Thu Aug  7 13:20:38 2003] [error] unknown field mod_perl must be compiled
with PERL_METHOD_HANDLERS=1 (or EVERYTHING=1) to use  passed to constructor
for class HTML::Mason::ExceptionCompilation failed in require at
/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 45.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 51.

Syntax error on line 1001 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
unknown field mod_perl must be compiled with PERL_METHOD_HANDLERS=1 (or
EVERYTHING=1) to use  passed to constructor for class
HTML::Mason::ExceptionCompilation failed in require at
/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 45.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 51.

./apachectl start: httpd could not be started