[rt-users] DB down, tickets go to the bit bucket

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Tue Aug 12 13:46:54 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I am running RT2 with MySQL and Sendmail.

For a long time it has bothered me that when the DB goes down (nearly
never, but you never know) tickets get horked mightily. This happens
because the RT mail-ripper script can't access the DB, so it just drops the
payload.

Is there a workaround for this? As it stands I just monitor the DB closely
and when it goes down I bring down sendmail on the box, allowing mail to
queue at a backup MX.

Thanks!

~Ben
---