[rt-users] rt install / perl_mod apache compilation (cpan)

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Thu Aug 21 01:35:06 EDT 2003

I did a fresh install of redhat 8, rpm downgraded from 1.99 to
mod_perl-1.26-5, and after the perl module CPAN installs dep install
command, I see this time there are more modules that errored out:

LWP::UserAgent ...MISSING
Apache::Request ...MISSING
WWW::Mechanize ...MISSING
MYSQL dependencies:
        DBD::mysql 2.1018...MISSING
            DBD::mysql version 2.1018 required--this is only version
2.1017 at (eval 159) line 2.

When I tried to run them by hand (i.e. perl -MCPAN -e 'install
foo::bar'), they all gave some sort of error msg.
Also, I put mysql at mysql-3.23.52-3, and didn't upgrade to 4.x, which
would require compiling from source (trying to stay with rpms)

Any one write a doc on a config setup that works?
Any other ideas?