[rt-users] rt install / perl_mod apache compilation (cpan)

Hodge, Jeff F (ECIII) Jeff.Hodge at yuma.army.mil
Thu Aug 21 11:36:21 EDT 2003

Make sure Apache::Test is up to date.
Make sure httpd is in your PATH.
You need DBI installed before DBD will work.
One major prob with DBD I had was that I didn't have the test user/pw that
the DBD wanted to use.  I removed them for security purposes before DBD was
installed.  Their are some configs you can set with the makefile like
-testuser and -testpassword.  While running perl Makefile.PL the output will
show the names of the configs and what they are set too.

...Installing each dependency "by hand" will work better, since you should
be able to read through the error messages to see what's not installed
properly.  They're not installing bc of a dependency of some sort....can be
frustrating :)  I feel your pain.

BTW they have rpms for mysql 4.14 on mysql.com.  Make sure you install all
of them, including devel and share...DBD needs some scripts from them.
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html
<http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html>
server,client,share(dynamic client lib),devel (libraries and headers), and
you probably will need bench too

-jh