[rt-users] critical bug rt-3-0-5pre4: silently ignoring incoming mail

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 26 04:56:48 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:48:35AM +0200, Dirk Pape wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after installing rt-3-0-5pre4 the system silently ignored all incoming
> mail, reverting to pre3 (same config) fixed it.
>
> in pre4:
> 1. exim/mainlog says it accepted a messaged and performed local delivery
> 2. apache.access.log for localhost says something is posted
> 3. RT's rt.log (log level info) is silent
> 4. no message arrives in the system
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yikes!

It sure is now. It's about 5am, but you can be sure I'll be looking at
this as soon as I get some sleep.   We've applied a large # of patches
since pre3, so it might take some digging. Locally, 3.0.5pre4 does pass
the the test suite, so there may be a hole in the tests or something
that's not being triggered here.

> I tried "make test" after "configure" in the rt-sourcedir but got an error

make regression is a more correct and comprehensive test suite, but
thanks for the heads up.