[rt-users] RT / Apache setup problem

Richard Foxworthy richardf at ginklozo.com
Tue Aug 26 06:08:21 EDT 2003

I've just setup a basic RT installation on my test server (RH9) and it appears to be working so far.

I am trying to use named virtual hosts to allow my RT installation to coexist with some other (PHP based) web apps I am also running on this server.

I have 2 problems:

1) I can no longer access any of my other web apps on this same server.

2) I can only connect to the RT web interface using HTTPS.

When I look in my boot logs I can see an error message as follows:

"httpd: [Fri Aug 22 16:00:45 2003][error] VirtualHost_default_:443 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results."

I assume that this is the problem that is forcing https and preventing me from accessing my other web apps.

Trouble is that no such "VirtualHost_default_:443" configuration exists in my httpd.conf file.

Can anyone advise on where to find this config and how to change it?

My VirtualHost block in httpd.conf looks like this:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html
    ServerName xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    ServerAlias donkey
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName rt
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
        RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ https://rt$1/index.html
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Note I have deliberately configured the RedirectMatch URL to use https scheme because I can only access the top page using https and this makes the internal links work properly.

Any help much appreciated.