[rt-users] critical bug rt-3-0-5pre4: silently ignoring incoming mail

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 27 03:43:30 EDT 2003

Hello Jesse,

--Am Mittwoch, 27. August 2003 8:52 Uhr +0200 schrieb Dirk Pape
<pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de>:

> so there is something with permissions on executing mail-gate. Indeed the
> permissions in rt3/bin are not adjusted correctly, but fixing manually
> did not help either.
>
> I wanted to tell you first, while I dig more into the problem.

I had to patch the Makefile:

1. regression should depend on fixperms and
2. regression-reset-db should call rt-setup-database with
--prompt-for-dba-password

Then I had to provide the correct $WebPath in RT_SiteConfig.pm

I let "make regression" make a *clean* install (by wiping the teraget
directzory entirely) without any _Local.pm /local/html and patches from our
Site.

I have 7 errors out of 529, all have to do with creating tickets.

local site configuration:

Debian woody
+ Perl 5.8.0
+ mysql4 (happened with mysql3 also!)
+ apache-ssl
modperl setup

As said: rt3.0.5pre3 works on the same setup.

I send you the output from "make regression" personally.

Dirk.