[rt-users] seperating queues (repost)

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Tue Dec 2 10:25:45 EST 2003

Alek Cesarz wrote:

> Andrew.Tefft at trans.ge.com wrote:
>  > Just a guess, but you can probably use the regular rt2 to rt3 migration
>
>>scripts to help with this. Those scripts just extract the data to text
>>files and then stuff them into the new db. Start with the standard
>>extract script and modify it to only extract the tickets for the 'abuse'
>>queue (have it still extract ALL queues, users, etc. but not all the
>>tickets). Do the migration to server 1. Then change the script to
>>extract the TWS and nietypowe tickets and do the migration to server 2.
>>Then once rt is up and running you should be able to delete or disable
>>the unusued queues.
>

> thanks for the response.
> but your idea will leave me with approximately 30 000 unwanted users -
> creators of tickets in "abuse" queue. is it possible to extract only
> users who have opened tickets in particular queue and users who have
> rights to access RT?
> i don't know if migration script is capable of doing that with just
> modification. any of you code-warriors here could probably tell me that
> by a quick glance at the script?
		Hello. Alek.

Now as I remember migration sripts don't have any facility to do
dependent migration except time dependance.
Everything migrate step by step(users, groups, tickets...)
If you want to filter out Tickets and objects linked to them you have to
  hack scripts a lot.

I think better idea is do full import then write contribution scripts
for different objects wiping. Contribution section already have one for
wiping out "deleted" Tickets. This scripts can form good package "RT
Shredder".

So it's not easy task as I think.

		Good luck. Ruslan.

PS. Everything above is only my opinion.