[rt-users] How to run multiple instances of RT on a single instance of Apache

MAS rt at mas.ml1.net
Tue Dec 2 13:29:22 EST 2003

--On 02 December 2003 18:56 +0300 "Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cubic at acronis.ru>
wrote:

> Mike R. Prevost wrote:
>> I'm an RT newbie and definitely not an Apache guru.  I want to run
>> multiple RTs: one for testing and another for production.

<snip description of attempts to solve problem>

>> Perhaps there is a
>> better/different way to do this.  Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>
> It's imposible with only mod_perl handler and one apache instance.

But there's no reason you couldn't run two (or more) apache instances.
Especially if you want to use one for testing only.

What about running another Apache instance on a different port for your
development instance? That would allow you to test Apache configuration
changes as well without buggering up your production RT, and since your
httpd.conf files would be nearly identical it would be easy to port any
changes to production.