[rt-users] Moving RT3 off the web server root

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Tue Dec 2 10:14:27 EST 2003

> The setup we use here is quite simple.  The server that I run RT on
> handles our helpdesk requests as well as other development applications.
> To keep RT separate from all the other things on the server, I simply
> added the following lines to httpd.conf (along with similar entries for
> our monitoring system, SQL admin pages, etc):
>
> Alias /rt "/var/rt3/share/html"
>
> <Directory "/var/rt3">
>         PerlModule Apache::DBI
>         PerlRequire /var/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Directory>
>
> In my case, RT is installed in /var/rt3 (not the usual /opt/rt3), and

My apologies for dragging up an old subject, however I saved this one to
try out later.  I tried removing the virtual host tag in httpd.conf and
just use the directory tags you have above (replacing var with opt for
my standard install) and it broke RT.  It went back to the %% gobbility
goop(which indicates its not parsing the perl).  Is there something else
I missed?

John