[rt-users] RT3 Documentation: Hackers, FAQ, etc. ???

Luis Campos de Carvalho lcampos at integral.com.br
Wed Dec 3 13:17:09 EST 2003

Garrett Goebel wrote:
   [snip]
> o  More documentation: schema, internals, customization, 3rd party add-ons
> o  Better documentation: continuous updates and improvements
 >    driven by developer community participation
> o  Centralized documentation: currently split between
>    bestpractical.com/rt/docs.html, fsck.com/rtfm, and pod
   [snip]
> Sorry for the rant... I'm just worried about the hard sell I'll have if
> I take a fancy to RT and want to push it. And I have to say, RT looks
> promising. I have the impression that the people who swear by it out
> number those who swear at it.
   [snip]

   Mr. Goebels, I write to manifest my agreement. But while writing, I
though that I would look just like one more ranter, and that's not my
intention (nor is mr. Goebel's intention, I believe).

   I need to solve the same problem that most users have: I need a new
Issue-Tracking system for my company, to replace a home-made one that is
poor, untrustable and badly documented.

   And, with that intention, I would volunteer myself to write
documentation for the RT3 system 5-10 hours a week, as long as a
developer or somebody involved with the project volunteer himself for
playing the "mentor" role and guide the documentation effort.

   I guess mr Goebels could volunteer himself too, and this will make
10-20 more hours per week in RT3 documentation effort.

   Thank you all for the programming effort, for the patience and for
the good open-source software.
   Hugs
   Luis Campos de Carvalho is BSc in Comp Science,
   PerlMonk [SiteDocClan], Cascavel-pm Moderator,
   Unix Sys Admin && Certified Oracle DBA
   http://www.integral.com.br/