[rt-users] Performance issues when viewing tickets with attachments

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 3 16:08:52 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 01:02:44PM -0800, Mike White wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've noticed that the time it takes to display a ticket after clicking
> on it is significantly greater when that ticket has one or more
> attachments in one item of correspondence.  (ie, 1 second vs. 6 seconds.)
>
> Why would it need to grind away just to display a ticket?  Is there a
> solution for this?

It's an issue that we're already aware of. Fixing it requires
some fairly deep work that isn't currently scheduled for any time soon.

The short version is that the database abstraction layer fetches whole
rows from the attachments table (rather than lazy-loading the Content
column) when listing off transaction attachments. I think we know how
to fix it, when we do, but it's probably two or three days work that
involves both RT and DBIx::SearchBuilder

	-jesse