[rt-users] Performance issues when viewing tickets with attachments

Michael Gibbons michael at ptgrey.com
Wed Dec 17 12:46:21 EST 2003

Hi Jesse,

It sounds like this issue is a known issue but that it may require some
work to resolve. However, given that it probably affects a *very* large
chunk of RT's user base (those who use attachments) and that the issue
is not a "minor" one (1 second vs 6 seconds on an average size ticket),
I'm not sure I understand why fixing this isn't scheduled for the near
to immediate future. It seems to me that this is exactly the kind of
issue that you would want resolved (affects large number of users +
serious performance problems).

Can you shed some more light on when exactly this might be scheduled?
I'm sorry for my impatience, but I just spent about 30 seconds waiting
for a single ticket to load (and our machines are by no means slow).

Thanks,
Mike