[rt-users] Max performance suggestions on slow hardware?

Michael Marziani marziani at oasis.com
Thu Dec 4 14:20:41 EST 2003

The best hardware available to me is a celeron 733 server with 160Mb RAM and
slow IDE disks.  My questions is how can I make the most of this hardware.
I want to run RT3 w/ RTFM and this server will be used for nothing else.

So..  which do you think would be best:

Apache ... Apache2?
modperl ... modperl2 ... fastcgi?
mysql ... postgresql?

Any other optimization tips?  I have previously run RT2 and it was decent
performancewise with Apache and regular CGI with mysql 3.  I have never used
postgresql so I don't know if it's any faster/better.  I have never used
fastcgi or modperl2 either.

Thanks for any advice!

-Michael