[rt-users] Max performance suggestions on slow hardware?

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Thu Dec 4 06:42:25 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 19:20, Michael Marziani wrote:
> The best hardware available to me is a celeron 733 server with 160Mb RAM and
160?   I am running RT3 with RTFM on a 733 with 256 MbRAM. If you've got less,
performance will take a huge hit no matter what you end up with below.

> Apache ... Apache2?
> modperl ... modperl2 ... fastcgi?
> mysql ... postgresql?
I'm running Apache1, Mod_perl1 with MySQL.  Nothing else runs on the
box, except my Ximian Evolution (psuedo Outlook) and Netscrape...errr
Netscape.  It is fast, but I reboot every night to free up memory (cron
job   * 3 * * 1-5 reboot and * 4 * * 1-5 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl
start .....cuz I'm too lazy to use rc3.d)

John