[rt-users] Url configuration questions

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Fri Dec 5 16:01:03 EST 2003

I have a new installation of Rt3 with a couple of outstanding problems.

The RT logo at the top-left corner of the page doesn't display, and, the
pages render extremely slowly.  From the installation instructions it
sounds like I don't have the url settings correct.  But I'm pretty
confused:

>From RT_SiteConfig.pm :

- I used the default installation path, so I left this as-is
Set($WebPath , "");

- from: root at pc-4:/etc/apache# hostname -f
pc-4.zoominternet.net

,so I inserted the name into:

Set($WebBaseURL , "http://RT::pc-4.zoominternet.net:80");
- or, do I drop the "RT::"  ?  Or, is this altogether wrong??

- left this as-is
Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");

- left this as-is
Set($WebImagesURL , $WebURL . "NoAuth/images/");
-but, changed owners to:
chown  -R root:rt /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images

- Left this as-is
Set($LogoURL , $WebImagesURL . "rt.jpg");

Where did I go wrong?  Thanks for the help,
Don