[rt-users] (Newbie) database password question

Ethan Kiczek ekiczek at wcfia.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 7 20:54:07 EST 2003

I have installed RT and am now trying to secure it better than my
default install. My first task is to give the database a password. When
I ran make initialize-database, and the script prompted me for a
password, I gave it a blank password. I also didn't change
$DatabasePassword in RT_SiteConfig.pm from the default 'rt_pass'.

Can anyone tell me how to change these after install? I assume for the
(inevitable) next time I install RT fresh, I'll just change both of
these passwords to the same password, right? Are they referring to the
same password?

I am running the following configuration:

RedHat 9
MySQL 3.2.3.54a-11
Apache1.3.29
mod_perl 1.29
RT 3.0.7.01

Thanks,

Ethan

Ethan Kiczek
Information Technology Manager
Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
Email: ekiczek at wcfia.harvard.edu <mailto:ekiczek at wcfia.harvard.edu>
Web site: http://www.wcfia.harvard.edu