[rt-users] Using the + notation with your MTA - the easy way!!!

MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us
Thu Dec 11 12:38:33 EST 2003

Hi Everyone!

I have been going through the training documentation that I have from the
RT training and found the piece that I need. I wanted to get this out to
all of you because it may make your life easier.

Let's say for example that your RT server is rt.mydomain.com and your MTA
aliases are for rt at rt.mydomain.com. Now let's say that you have three
queues: foo, bar, and help. Set up your aliases file as follows:

rt:     |/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue $EXTENSION --action correspond
--url http://localhost/

Now, when someone sends an email to rt+foo at rt.mydomain.com or
rt+bar at rt.mydomain.com, it will direct the inbound message to the
appropriate queue and it requires only one line in your aliases file.

If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I found this information on page 55
of the training manual.

Mike Hamilton