[rt-users] Re: Performance issues with rt3 - old topic new again..

Dustin Puryear dpuryear at usa.net
Sun Dec 14 14:26:23 EST 2003

It would appear that this is strictly a CPU issue. I moved from a dual PII
333Mhz to a single Athlon 800 with 512MB of RAM and my new numbers are:

(format is: mo day hour min sec year response-time-in-seconds)

index page:
12 14 13 14 50 2003 0.4459
12 14 13 15 40 2003 0.1779
12 14 13 16 01 2003 0.1798
12 14 13 17 09 2003 0.1717

logon page:
12 14 13 14 55 2003 2.3823
12 14 13 15 44 2003 2.4078
12 14 13 16 05 2003 2.1581
12 14 13 17 13 2003 2.2205

open queue:
12 14 13 14 59 2003 2.4465
12 14 13 15 48 2003 2.1757
12 14 13 16 09 2003 2.2386
12 14 13 17 17 2003 2.1054

open existing ticket:
12 14 13 15 08 2003 6.8935
12 14 13 15 57 2003 6.6339
12 14 13 16 18 2003 6.9085
12 14 13 17 26 2003 6.6263

So I went from 16-17 seconds when opening an existing ticket with either a
dual PII 333Mhz or Alpha 600Mhz to 6-7 seconds on an Athlon 800. If I had a
really fast CPU I might be able to get this down to a second or less. What
kinds of numbers are others seeing for even higher speed processors? If I
can click a ticket and get it open in a second or less then I would be
happy.

Are there any options for getting rt3 to run faster on the dual CPU PII I
wonder? I still think that 16-17 seconds is a bit slow, even for that
machine.

(Just for fun, I tried this on a Pentium 200 with 192MB of RAM. It takes
about 90 seconds to open this ticket. Faster than I would have thought..)