[rt-users] Performance issues with rt3 - old topic new again..

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Dec 14 15:02:50 EST 2003

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:22:57 -0600
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear at usa.net> wrote:

> I have read through pages and pages of list archives concerning performance
> tuning for rt3. Yes, this issue has been covered in depth, but I'm still going
> to bring the subject up anyway because it's Christmas and you have to be
> charitable. :)
>
> I have a dual PII 333Mhz system with 512MB of RAM dedicated to the task of
> running rt3. (Well, at this point rt3 is just a test install.) I am running
> rt3 with FreeBSD 5.1 with SMP, Apache 1.3, modperl1, and MySQL 3.23. 17
> queues, 2 users with rights, less than 500 tickets.

mod_perl should be compiled static, at least with FreeBSD and Apache 1.3.

Matt Simerson had some info about that:

http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/www/apache1.shtml

But most logic and "intelligence" about this procedure has migrated into his PERL-module.

And you should run mysql-4.0.x, if only for the fact that it's recommended by BestPractical.

Has anyone tried the new postgresql7.4 ?
I've heard of dramatic speed increases for big queries.

cheers,
Rainer