[rt-users] Have RT3 *not* remail attachments?

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker levitte at stacken.kth.se
Mon Dec 15 05:42:43 EST 2003

I was surprised, the other day, when a mail sent to my newly installed
RT3 base was sent back to the watchers in it's most complete form,
attachments and all.

I recall wanting that behavior in RT2 once upon a time, but since then
I've found that users dare send big patches to a RT2 base without
fearing that they will send enormous chunks of data to the watchers
(which in the cases I've experienced is a mailing list, potentially
with many members).

Now, I don't want to downgrade from RT3, I'm actually quite happy with
that, and especially with the nicely integrated RTFM module.  So, I'd
like to ask if there is any way to have RT3 remail the incoming
requests with attachments stripped off?  If that's possible in some
way, that would be great.  It's possible that it should be fine-tuned,
so for example, a top-level message/rtf822 attachment would not be
stripped away (as those are typical for forwarded messages).

Ideas?  Anyone else having solved this very issue?  I'm open for any
suggestions.

-----
You don't have to be rich, a $10 donation is appreciated!

Richard Levitte   \ Tunnlandsvägen 3  \ LeViMS at stacken.kth.se
Redakteur at Stacken  \ S-168 36  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47
                    \      SWEDEN       \ or +46-708-26 53 44
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- poei at bofh.se
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.