[rt-users] Correspondence recipients

Andrew J. Korty ajk at iu.edu
Wed Dec 17 09:05:41 EST 2003

I think I want to dramatically change the way RT addresses replies and
correspondence.  Hopefully, someone will tell me I'm just thinking
about this the wrong way.

Often, when we receive a new ticket, we "forward" it to someone else
without RT access for investigation.  (Currently, we forward using
[Comment] and cc-ing the intended recipient.)  When that external
person replies to the forward, the requestor automatically receives
the reply.  We don't want that.  I can turn that off by removing the
corresponding scrip, but then that prevents us from replying to the
requestor when we want to.  (We could explicitly cc the requestor, but
I'd like it to be automatic.)

I guess I'd like for replies to go to the people in the From: and Cc:
fields of the message I'm replying to, just like e-mail.  As it is
now, if I reply to correspondence sent by someone other than the
requestor, it doesn't go to that person unless I explicitly cc him or
her.  It just gets appended to the ticket and sent to the requestor.

If I could make that behavior work, I could disable the scrip that
causes *all* correspondence to go to the requestor, but we could still
reply to the requestor directly.

--
Andrew J. Korty, Principal Security Engineer, GCIA, GCFA
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology