[rt-users] Select statement error on logout

Jim Ficarra jficarra at crosscurrent.com
Tue Dec 23 00:31:36 EST 2003

I've got an error that seems to show up in /var/log/messages when I log out
of RT3 version 3.0.7_1, as shown below.  Looks like a select statement got
fouled up somewhere in the code:

*****************************

Dec 22 22:42:03 testrt RT: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error
in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near 'NULL' at line 1 at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 410.
opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:247)

Dec 22 22:42:03 testrt RT: RT::Handle=HASH(0x93b7e34) couldn't execute the
query 'SELECT  * FROM Users WHERE Name  ?' at
usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 417.
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:247)

*****************************

I've grep'ed through the entire /opt/rt3 installation area as well as
/usr/lib and haven't been able to find the file in which this SQL statement
is located.  Even if I found it, I probably wouldn't be able to identify
what *should* be after "name" in the statement. Oddly enough it doesn't seem
to affect the logout or application, at least so far.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be causing the error and how to go
about correcting it?  It seems like it might be some bad/old code lying
around.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-Jim Ficarra