[rt-users] problems with PostgreSQL 7.3.1

Julian C. Dunn jdunn at verticalscope.com
Wed Feb 5 11:48:32 EST 2003

I noticed in the mailing list archives that many people are having
problems with PostgreSQL 7.3.1 and RT 2.0.15. Notwithstanding the
DBIx::SearchBuilder problems (with the 0.7x series -- downgrading to the
0.6x series helps solve the "Can't bind reference" errors) there are
still difficulties with using Postgres 7.3. I think I see what the
problem is.

It is that the "SELECT ... LIMIT x,y" syntax is deprecated in the 7.3.x
series of PostgreSQL. The correct syntax should be "SELECT ... LIMIT x
OFFSET y". This causes the comment recording to fail.

I am not really familiar with the RT code but I can poke around and see
if I can cough up a patch. Others who are more familiar with it, feel
free to beat me to it :)

- Julian

--
-- Julian C. Dunn, B.A.Sc.  <jdunn at verticalscope.com>
-- Senior Software Developer / UNIX Systems Administrator