[rt-users] problems with PostgreSQL 7.3.1

Robie Basak robie at principle.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 12:39:56 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 16:48, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
> I noticed in the mailing list archives that many people are having
> problems with PostgreSQL 7.3.1 and RT 2.0.15. Notwithstanding the
> DBIx::SearchBuilder problems (with the 0.7x series -- downgrading to the
> 0.6x series helps solve the "Can't bind reference" errors) there are
> still difficulties with using Postgres 7.3. I think I see what the
> problem is.

See a problem I had with DBIx::SearchBuilder:
  http://fsck.com/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=1624

As far as I am aware this hasn't been integrated; I don't know if
development is now on Aegis or what, but I haven't seen any changes in
CVS for a long time.

> I am not really familiar with the RT code but I can poke around and see
> if I can cough up a patch. Others who are more familiar with it, feel
> free to beat me to it :)

It might be an idea to just do an RT search on things, and watch the SQL
come out the other end (I turned Postgres debugging on). This is how I
found the above problem, anyway.

Robie.
--
Robie Basak <robie at principle.co.uk>