[rt-users] Email not going out

Matt Simonsen matt_lists at careercast.com
Fri Feb 7 11:53:03 EST 2003

I am using Qmail-1.03, Apache 1.3.27, fastcgi, and RT-3.0.0 (the new
beta). I'm not sure whether this should be on devel@ or users@ so I
thought I'd start here.

First, I haven't been able to find any logging, this was my first hope
of solving my problem. $rtdir/var/logs is empty. All functionality other
than email seems to be perfect.

When I create a new ticket no email goes out, despite the fact I created
a global scrip to "notify requestors and Ccs" on create. Perhaps I did
this wrong, basically I just went into the global section and created a
new scrip.

Rt-mailgate works fine*

RT_Config.pm is basically set to defaults- I changed the domain. I've
tried both sendmailpipe and sendmail. For safe keeping I've restarted
Apache.

Any tips on troubleshooting/configuration for outgoing email would be
greatly appreciated. Or links to correct manuals. All the documentation
I could find seems to be related more to incoming rather than outgoing
mail.

Thanks
Matt

* The following created a ticket:
[root at email rt-3.0.0b]# /usr/local/rt-3.0.0b/bin/rt-mailgate --url
http://rt.careercast.com/ --queue general --action correspond
To: matt at careercast.com
Subject: hello

This is the body