[rt-users] F2W to RT migration

Matt Simonsen matt_lists at careercast.com
Wed Feb 12 21:01:47 EST 2003

I will be writing a script to take data from F2W (a helpdesk/tracking
package) and migrate it to RT3 (2.1.70). Just in case it's already been
done, though, has anyone done this?

My plan (should no other work already exist) is to export the data from
each F2W table into a CSV file, load it into into hashes, then
manipulate it for entry into RT. Of course remapping ids, categories to
keywords, etc. along the way.

I will release the final product into the contrib area,
comments/suggestions are welcome. I've looked at dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 and
I plan to use sections of the code or at least use it for ideas.

Matt Simonsen