[rt-users] RT causes core dumps for apache+modperl1

shimi shimi at shimi.net
Fri Feb 21 02:39:14 EST 2003

its said in the installation instructions that compiling modperl as a DSO
will almost always cause apache to crash. did you do that? if not - what
also happend to me is that if I didn't load the module to connect apache
to the SQL backend, that is:

PerlModule Apache::DBI

sometimes the make deps doesn't install that (as suggested in the manual)
and you shold download the apache stuff manually with cpan (again, as
suggested in the manual) - and then it works...

or at least, that's how it was for me :)

--

  Best regards,
     Shimi

----

   "Outlook is a massive flaming horrid blatant security violation, which
    also happens to be a mail reader."

   "Sure UNIX is user friendly; it's just picky about who its friends are."