[rt-users] Removing quotes of previous email.& link error

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Tue Jan 7 14:42:09 EST 2003

* John Gedeon <jgedeon at qualcomm.com> [2003-01-07 14:38]:
>   **First is that links to a specific ticket in the rt system do not work
> if a user is not logged in. IE i get an email saying here is a link to my
> ticket, Click Here. If i click there I am then asked to log in. Upon
> logging in I am told
>   "RT Error
>     No Ticket Specified"
>   However if i then go to the ticket via the go to function I can see it.
> or if i follow the link after i have just logged in it also works.
>
>    I have the same issue with bookmarked searches. the bookmark doesn't
> work unless I am already logged into the rt system.

We've gotten around that issue by modifying the cookie that gets set to
persist beyond the current browser session.

>   **Second we have a mail list which we want rt to manage. the mail list
> is very high volume and many emails have lots of pervious emails quoted in
> them. Is there a way to have rt filter these quoted emails out?

RT doesn't manage mailing lists; you'd need a mailing list manager,
possibly in combination with procmail or your MTA's alias feature to
ensure that rt-mailgate gets the appropriate messages.

(darren)

--
My wife always warns me about all that cholesterol in the French fries
I eat. I just laugh at her, though, because I know with all the salt I