[rt-users] RT Connect failure

John Gedeon jgedeon at qualcomm.com
Fri Jan 10 16:08:15 EST 2003

I am trying to set up rt so that it will use Oracle as a backend. during
the install rt connects and creates the schema but uppon trying to insert
the data if fails saing the following:

/local/mnt/workspace/rtdev/bin/perl -I//local/mnt/workspace/rtdev/rt2/etc
-I//local/mnt/workspace/rtdev/rt2/lib
//local/mnt/workspace/rtdev/rt2/etc/insertdata
DBI connect('dbname=KDQCTDEV;host=winchester;port=1524','restrack',...)
failed: Can't connect using this syntax without specifying a HOST and a SID
at
/local/mnt/workspace/rtdev/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm
line 119
Connect Failed Can't connect using this syntax without specifying a HOST
and a SID
at //local/mnt/workspace/rtdev/rt2/etc/insertdata line 27
*** Error code 255
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `insert'

what else do I need to set?
I have other scripts which can connect using this install of perl and
dbd::oracle....
John

--
<>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
your own understanding;"