[rt-users] Server upgrade

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Thu Jan 16 13:36:47 EST 2003

GS> I'm going to upgrade the server that my RT installation is sat on
GS> from RH7.2 to 7.3, which will include upgrading Postgresql from
GS> 7.1.3 to 7.2.3 and therefore a dump/restore of the databases.
GS> Also, I imagine Apache will be upgraded.

If your perl is upgraded, be sure to rebuild and/or upgrade to a
corresponding mod_perl.  Also make sure none of the perl libraries
installed for RT are downgraded.  The "cpan" program that comes with perl
can handle this nicely with it's "r" command.

Postgres 7.2.3 should work fine.  I did an upgrade from 7.1.x to 7.2.1
a while back and the standard pg_dump, pg_restore sequence was
flawless.

Don't go to Postgres 7.3 since RT will die horribly with it (RT is not
SQL standards compliant in some places that PG 7.3 insists it to be).