[rt-users] Difference between Cc and AdminCc (or, Cc is not getting mail)

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 04:44:05 EST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Ambrose Li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder what exactly is the difference between Cc's and AdminCc's
> in terms of getting mail.
>
> I have the following global scrips :
>
>  [ ]    OnCreate AutoreplyToRequestors with template Autoreply
>  [ ]    OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template Correspondence
>  [ ]    OnComment NotifyAdminCcsAsComment with template AdminComment
>  [ ]    OnComment NotifyOtherRecipientsAsComment with template Correspondence
>  [ ]    OnCorrespond NotifyOtherRecipients with template Correspondence
>  [ ]    OnCreate NotifyAllWatchers with template Transaction
>
> I thought that this means that when I make a comment, Cc's would get
> mail, but the Cc's are not getting mail. Nothing relevant is in the
> RT log. Is the scrip settings above wrong if I want Cc's to get mail
> on comment? (or have I misunderstood the functionality of "comment"?)
>
> Thanks very much in advance,

Having just finally got my head round these:

You have two scrips which trigger on 'comment'.  One sends to AdminCCs and
the other sends to OtherRecipients - which are those addresses specified
on the CC or BCC lines in the web reply/comment form.

For CCs to see comments you would need to have:

OnComment NotifyCcsAsComment with template Correspondence

as well.  Now in my basic RT, I don't have that ScripAction (or
NotifyCcAndAdminCcsAsComment which would do here) so you'll have to insert
suitable lines into the database to create it. (all the Notify actions are
calls to Notify.pm or NotifyAsComment.pm with suitable arguments).

John