[rt-users] Correspondence with nobody

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Jan 29 21:15:17 EST 2003

Harald Wagener wrote:
> OnCreate NotifyAdminCCs with Template Correspondence
> OnCorrespondence NotifyOwner with Template Correspondence
>
> Problem is if requestors reply to their own ticket before anybody has
> taken it, it get's sent to nobody at localhost, which means it goes to rot
> in root's local inbox.

Hmm. Does your Nobody user have the email address nobody at localhost?
Why not set it to null? Do you ever want Nobody to get RT mail?

> I'd like to have a scrip that sends  mail to the queues AdminCCs if a
> Ticket is replied to that is owned by nobody. How' I do that?

OnCorrespond NotifyAdminCCsIfUnowned with template FOO

You get to write NotifyAdminCCsIfUnowned. Again, it's a tweak to
Notify.pm which just checks $self->TicketObj->OwnerObj before
doing the send -- and is called the same way as NotifyAdminCCs.

Have fun :-)
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630