[rt-users] Is the ball in our court?

Seth Cohn, EFN General Manager gm at efn.org
Fri Jan 31 12:14:53 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Vivek Khera wrote:

> JA> We have found that it takes several exchanges with the customer to
> JA> completely resolve their issue.  After we send them some
> correspondence, we
>

> someone posted here (or was it in contrib) a week or two ago some code
> to make the summary page show who was the last correspondent.  This
> should let you know what you need.  I've been meaning to implement
> this myself...

This is a really trivial thing to do...

My RT summary page currently provides:

 25 highest priority tickets I own...
 # Subject Queue Status Last
(where Last is last person to touch the ticket)

  25 highest priority tickets I requested...
# Subject Owner Queue Status Last

and

25 highest priority unclaimed tickets in the 8 queue(s) I watch...
# Subject User Queue Status Age
Where User shows the email of the user

To make these sorts of changes, modify My* in the Elements directory

Add these lines kind of lines in the right places:

<TH align=left>Last</TH> (This is the header of the column)
and
<TD><%$Ticket->LastUpdatedByObj->Name%></TD> (This is the data to display)

If you wanted to display the last time, the email, etc, just change the
data line... This is just an example, since clearly, you can add most
anything you can look up... if you don't know the RT schema, this is a
good point to start learning... if the field doesn't display what you
want, try try again.

and i agree that using stalled makes more sense in Jim's case.  We're
using resolved, since frequently, after the first response, the customer
doesn't reply, as it's been solved.