[rt-users] Auto-logout problem with IE

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Jan 31 16:41:35 EST 2003

Well, after exploring every possible avenue, we finally stumbled onto the
solution. We verified everything from DNS config on our DNS servers to the
RT server, compared RT and Apache configs between the working dev box and
the non-working prod box, you name it, we tried it. The solution? The prod
server had an underscore in the name. Remove the underscore, voila,
everything works fine. I don't know if this is a DNS restriction or a
problem with RT, but regardless, it's finally fixed.

Thanks to anyone who emailed me suggestions, most pointed to DNS, and in
the end, they were right.

Tom

--On Tuesday, December 17, 2002 5:32 PM -0500 Tom Lichti