[rt-users] Recommended system spec's

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Jul 3 06:57:42 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2003, at 10:30 Uhr, Matthew Watson wrote:

> To create a new ticket in a queue takes about 10 seconds
> To find all the open/new unowed tickets in a given queue 5 seconds
> As about but with Requestor LIKE me at mydomain.com = 20 seconds.

You should probably test 3.0.4pre1, since jesse said it included two
changes that enhance query speed a lot.

> Using mysql 3.23.53-log with innodb tables. Probably going to move to
> whatever is the latest in the 4 series when I get time.

List canon seems to be that 4.0.13 (the current stable 4.0 release) is
faster, more stable, and better suited for RT 3.0.x than the 3.23
series.

> You think the bottle neck is on the http server or the mysql server?
> I'm trying to get our sysadmin department to put some load monitoring
> on these machines, if they don't hurry up i'll do it myself :)

You should ask them to log slow queries and forward them to You so they
can be discussed on the list.

Regards,
     Harald