[rt-users] Uh, user? what user?

Steve Wampler sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us
Fri Jul 4 14:10:54 EDT 2003

I'm trying to install RT 3.0.3 on RedHat 8.0 with postgres,
everything seems to build and install fine but when I try
to login via the web I can't find a user/password that work.

The users table in the DB doesn't have 'rt_user' listed, just
'root' (and the two internal users, of course).  I've tried
both (and others, including 'postgres', which owns the DB)
and all are rejected.  I've *definitely* tried the $DatabaseUser
and $DatabasePassword I gave in the RT_SiteConfig.pm file.

All attempts give the "Error: Your username or password is
incorrect" message.  I've not found anything logged anyway
that's useful - in fact, I've found nothing logged at all
except the POST for the form.

What have I done wrong?  What do I need to do differently?

Thanks!
Steve
--
Steve Wampler <sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us>